21-22 September 2017 – practice-oriented seminar “The new in the state accreditation of educational activities” (St. Petersburg)
The practice-oriented seminar “The new in the state accreditation of educational activities” was held at the premises of the Russian State Hydrometeorological University.
The seminar was attended by more than 180 representatives of educational organizations of higher education - leading educational organizations, classical universities, national research and federal universities, educational organizations of branch departments.
Among the participants of the seminar there were Rectors and Pro-rectors of educational organizations for educational, scientific, discipline work and distance learning; Directors and Deputy Directors of branches; Heads of educational and methodological departments, departments of postgraduate education, licensing and accreditation of study programs, monitoring of the education quality; Heads, Professors and Associate professors of departments; methodologists, analysts, specialists.
At the opening, the Rector of the Russian State Hydrometeorological University Valery L. Mikheev made a welcoming speech.
The Deputy Head of the Department of State Policy in Higher Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation Sergey A. Pilipenko devoted his speech to the updating of the federal state educational standards (FSES) . He highlighted the features of the updated FSES developed on the basis of their adaptation to the professional standards.
Lemka S. Izmaylova, NAA’s Director, touched upon the issues of improving the procedure of state accreditation of educational activities. She said: "In connection with the issuance of new regulatory documents in the sphere of education, it is necessary to improve the state accreditation procedure."
The following issues were on the seminar agenda:
- use of the information published on official websites of educational organizations during state accreditation of educational activities;
- improving the methodology for conducting external review;
- peculiarities of state accreditation of basic professional study programs of higher education delivered by research organizations;
- main stages of preparation of an educational organization for state accreditation of educational activities;
- peculiarities of preparation of documents for external review of basic study programs of secondary vocational education;
- 105 days of state accreditation of educational activities: from application to certificate: Aspects for consideration.